- Care Instructions
- Remove all jewellery before taking a shower or cleaning. Soap can cause a film to form on jewellery making it dull.
- Don’t ever use toothpaste to clean jewellery.
- Be careful of chlorine. Chlorine, especially at high temperatures can permanently damage and discolour your jewellery. Do not wear gold while using chlorine bleach or while in a pool or hot tub.You can remove tarnish with jewellery cleaner or by using soap and water. After brushing simply rinse with lukewarm water and allow to dry.
- Always clean hooks with an alcohol swab before wearing any new earrings.
- Apply your make-up, hair spray and perfume before your jewellery - the chemicals in them will damage the finish of the metal and the stones. In other words, put the jewellery on last.
- Always remove your necklace before going to bed or getting dressed.
- Avoid pulling on your chain or twirling it in your fingers as the links can stretch and may break the chain.
- Sterling Silver and Gold both tarnish after prolonged use or constant handling. You should always clean your jewellery with a specialised polishing cloth. If you would like to purchase a polishing cloth please click here
The great news is that tarnish is easily removed! The polishing cloth will help remove minor discolorations. Be sure to rub the piece of jewellery gently. Our chains are strong, but if you really tug on it it is still possible to break or stretch out the links!
Rose Gold Jewellery
Your new Rose Gold name jewellery deserves special care.
Maintain shine and finish by polishing Name Jewellery rose gold products with a soft cloth. Dampen the cloth in lukewarm water mixed with a small amount of mild soap. Rub the damp cloth gently on your rose gold jewellery, rinse with clean water and pat dry with a soft cloth.
Do NOT use polishing cloths with cleaning compound, or expose your rose gold jewellery to harsh chemicals or lotions.
Always remove your jewellery prior to bathing or swimming.
Please note that the warm pink-hued colour of your name jewellery may intensify with age due to tarnishing, creating a beautiful, vintage appeal.